Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKApril!


The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Everybody's Better" from A Jackknife to a Swan (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: Your humble narrator sings all the time, especially when there is no one else (at least no one else human) in the room. "Everybody's Better" is sung most frequently, not because I believe everybody's better than I am, but because I used to. I used to buy into that lie hook, line, & sinker. Now I know better, in small part through the words of "Everybody's Better."
"Everybody's better than I am,
I think everybody's better than me,
And everybody's swell, I guess,
They're doing well, more or less,
And everybody's better than I am…

"Why you walk around with your head low down?
The true king rules without a crown!
If your boat's afloat after the typhoon
Row it safely back to the lagoon,
And never mind the green grass you won't mow
Or what it is you have or don't to show
Or what it is you can or can't afford,
The good are good without reward!…"

No comments: