Monday, April 25, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKApril!

Mad Caddies, "Betty" from Duck and Cover (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: Mad Caddies are a SKAffirmative Action band, having not participated in SKApril since 2013. The rule that no band may contribute more than one song a year to SKApril is hard to follow, given my ardent fondness for so many ska bands & so much of their music, but a rule I firmly believe is necessary for a proper celebration of ska in all its diversity of time, space, & style.
"You're not a friend, you're just a thief,
It's time I open my eyes and see,
You, my darling, don't deserve my sympathy.

"You sold my sheets
And skinned my cat,
You stole my teeth
And you pawned my gat.
Before you waste more of my time,
I'll give you a little piece of my mind,
Well, I'll see you down the road and I'll be fine!…"
Why Betty Suarez (played by America Ferrara) from
Ugly Betty? Why not? I also considered Betty Cooper from Archie Comics after quickly dismissing Betty Boop & Betty Rubble. I miss Ugly Betty; 'twas a fun show, one gone too soon.

No comments: