Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKApril!


The Toasters, "I Wasn't Going to Call You Anyway" (live) from Live in São Paulo, Brazil (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: The Reel Big Fish do not have a monopoly on bitterness in ska. "I Wasn't Going to Call You Anyway" tells the tale of contact information lost in a taxicab, the protagonist's anguish over that loss, subsequent attacks on the protagonist in the press by the individual whose contact info had been lost, & the protagonist's realization that losing the contact info had been a stroke of good luck.
"I wasn't going to call you anyway,
I wasn't going to drop that dime,
I wasn't going to call you anyway,
I wasn't going to waste my time…"
The photograph of the professionally pretty Karlie Kloss is par for the course, because what else would an embittered, aging ska kid say than that the girl he wasn't going to call anyway was an epic beauty?

No comments: