Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKApril!


Mustard Plug, "Aye Aye Aye" from Can't Contain it (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: The last two R.B.D.S.O.T.D. were provided by Mustard Plug & Skankin' Pickle. Am I the only one who's hungry? Mustard Plug are both SKApril all-stars & sacred Michigan's most prominent ska band, though by no means the only one; other Michigander ska bands include The Loose Ties, the Insyderz, the Ninjas, Ich Bin Ein Berliner, Gunday Monday, & St. Thomas Boys Academy, et al.

I really have no idea what "Aye Aye Aye" is about, but this sounds a lot like me, at my advanced age & preposterous bulk, trying to keep pace in the pit.
"Keeping it up, but you wanna go,
Tearing it up, though you're moving slow,
Say what you want, but I know you believe (I believe!)
Keep up the pace though you're burning up,
I don't know how that I keep it up,
Everyone drops, but I know you can see (See the light!)

"And go,
Aye, aye, aye! I never let go,
Aye, aye, aye! Though you tell me so,
Aye, aye, aye! 'Cause I know we believe (I believe!)…"

No comments: