Monday, April 20, 2020

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKApril X


Less Than Jake, "Years of Living Dangerously" from Sound the Alarm (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: Less Than Jake & the National Geographic Channel aren't talking about the same thing by the phrase, "Years of Living Dangerously," except that in some ways, without even meaning to, they are.
"I'll try not to be so complicated tonight
And let the stars align,
I believe in luck
And my faith is blind.

"But the weight of the world
It takes more than us to hold it up,
And we hold it up,
What's left of us, it just weighs too much…

"This one goes to my friends
Who might be there when it ends,
This goes out to the talk about
What we loved and what we lost.

"Tell me the truth about this cruel, cruel world,
'Cause I don't think I trust you,
I don't think I trust you,
Yeah, I don't think I trust you…"

No comments: