Wednesday, August 14, 2019

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKAugust

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "All Things Considered" from Pay Attention (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary: Every couple of months, an old man I know from daily Mass takes me out to lunch. I've tried to pay, but he insists it's his treat. I'm not mooching, in fact I'd rather be almost anywhere else, but he's clearly lonely & has too few persons extending to him the hand of friendship. Listen to a rambling old man if you have the chance; if you look for the opportunity, I all but guarantee you'll have the chance.
"The truth is what he's been through,
And what he's had to do,
And what he's seen, and what he's done.
All things considered,
What he's telling us
Isn't hurting anyone.

"All things considered,
He's not bitter,
He's not mean and he's not done.
All things considered,
What he's telling us
Isn't hurting anyone…"

No comments: