Friday, August 16, 2019

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKAugust


The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Jump through the Hoops" from Question the Answers (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary:
"…My job, well, it's a nine-to-five nightmare,
I'm serving whiskey, stale wit, and beer,
'Come on in! How've you been? Have I met ya?
'What'll it be, now what can I get ya?'
My job, well, it's a nightmare
And every day from nine to five I'm there.

"No time to stop and assess,
Can't let it grind to a halt,
Can't stop and look at the mess
And then find out it's my fault,
I can't stop for a single minute,
I know hell, well, I'm living in it,
No time to stop at all,
I've got to jump through the hoops!…

"I'm old and set in my ways,
No stopping now, it's a shame,
But in my much younger days
I'd stop and I'd take the blame,
I'm alright if I don't know and can't see,
I'll live in hell, till the day that they plant me,
No time to stop at all,
I've got to jump through the hoops…"

No comments: