Friday, August 2, 2019

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKAugust


Reel Big Fish, "The Bad Guy" from We're Not Happy 'Til You're Not Happy (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary:
"This is not a song about the one that got away,
This is not a song about the girl who didn't love me,
Once again I have made somebody cry,
Once again, once again, I am the bad guy.
I am the bad guy!

"It's me, but I'm not sorry I let you down,
It's me, but I'm not sorry I let you down,
It's me, but I'm not sorry I let you down,
Bet you wish I never came around! (Don't you?)

"I didn't care that she'd so anything for me,
I didn't care that she would sell her soul to serve me,
As the tears fell from the corners of her eyes,
I walked away, I walked away, 'cause I'm the bad guy.
I am the bad guy!…"

No comments: