Wednesday, August 21, 2019

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' Today: SKAugust

Mittwoch, 21. August
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "The Mad Dash" from While We're at It (The Last Angry Rude Boy)

Skammentary:
"Slap the slogans on the t-shirts, watch them fly out of the shops,
I don't like what I've been thinking and I think it's time it stops,
Mad dash to be the first one and I pray that it's not true
Are you trying to shift the spotlight so the spotlight shines on you?

"This might be of little interest, it could come as no surprise,
The level of the interest I possess,
I listen to the outrage while something inside me dies,
The more I hear, the more I could care less.

"It is stale and it is stagnant,
Every fiber, every fragment,
Every second we waste on it is a shame!
Grab your coat, now you'll be leaving,
Hope that you had a nice evening,
We thank you for your contribution and we're glad you came!

"The cars came off the causeway with a healthy head of steam,
Benefits, fundraisers, and events,
I want to find out that this nightmare here is only a bad dream,
Wake up and the world makes perfect sense…"

No comments: